Monday, October 20, 2008

For My Girls: Soaps, Suds, and Dawn

Hello Whitney, Loren, Chelsea, and last, but not least, Tracey. I am most ashamed that I haven't blogged in a while. Honestly, I get frustrated easily when writing. However, I will put it behind me. Well, I guess I should tell you guys about my first big, stupid mistake as a wife. I was doing the dishes a couple of weeks ago and I usually use Cascade for my detergent. HaHa. Not this time. I found that I had some Dawn under the sink, so I thought, "what the heck, I'll use this". Sigh. I put it in the dishwasher and I went into the living room, happy, that I had finally completed the dishes. Oh, was I wrong about that. A couple of minutes later, I looked into the kitchen and saw thousands of soapy suds coming out of the washer! It was crying out for me to stop the cycle! While slipping and sliding, I pushed the Off button and sat down, laughing, in the wet, kitchen floor. :) I wasn't even mad. I just laughed and thought what a typical situation it was. I ended up cleaning that darned dishwasher three times. But, it was funny and a great story to tell the kids someday. Andrew got home and saw me on my hands and knees and he just stared at me and said, "Is everything okay?" I laughed and explained my ordeal. He just laughed back and said, "Well, I'm just glad nothing exploded". Anyways, rule number one: always look at the label on the cleaning agent, especially if the letters are microscopic. Rule number two: never trust Dawn or anyone named Dawn for that matter. ;) Anyways, I love all of your blogs. I hope my story makes you laugh.

3 comments:

Whitney Mc said...

Hahaha I have SO done this before... but what a fun mess it makes! It makes me so happy to hear your stories and the way you tell them. I'm going to revive our phone friendship one of these days really soon and call you I promise! I love you and can't wait to hear more =)

Loren said...

That is quite a funny story. I miss you very very much. Keep me updated on how things are going. I love you!

Chelsea said...

Oh Carlin...I love you. I am sorry this comment is so long overdue...i am so bad about blogging..this story just made my day. I love you dear. I am so glad to hear about your life as a wife. I miss you girl. I hope we can all get together soon. Love you. :)